As a comparison, this is where we started this year. Not exactly from the same vantage point, but you get the idea. I don't even know where to begin to quantify the time spent. I'm not even sure I want to know. What I do know is that all of this work keeps the therapy bills low! If I'm busy, I'm happy. If I'm not creating, then things aren't so good.
Looking back, here are some of the things we accomplished this year:
- Remove ALL of the garbage that the previous owners left over (thik 3-4 truck loads)
- Remove fence from around deck. Deconstruct fence panels and salvage panels.
- Square off deck and make it rectangular as opposed to a half-hexagon.
- Tear out first 25% on contrete driveway.
- Build pond and add Koi.
- Haul in and install 10 ton of basalt rock.
- Build big pond organic filtration system with UV clarifier.
- Install approximately 100 foot of waterline and run underground cables for irrigation control.
- Lay 100 to 150 foot of new paths out of crushed brick.
- Move winter drainage creek so fence can go in.
- Build first 50' of Craftsman fence along property line.
- Rotate shed 90 degrees and move it 8 feet back.
- Haul in 10 cubic feet of dirt and have it moved around.
- Remove brick planter box from front of house (75% complete)
- Remove boat from front yard.
Not to worry, the blog won't be ending. Next up is a remodel of our upstairs space. We'll be turning one giant uninviting room into a 'quaint' bedroom and a television/entertainment room. As for the rest of the house: Kurt will be working on the kitchen, and we plan to continue stripping the woodwork.