Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bricks!

I admit, I'm addicted to bricks. I like em old, and I like lots of

them. I scour Craigslist for them all the time. When I find them for
free, I jump. I don't even necessarily have to have a project in mind
to collect them, but I know I'll use them for something, eventually.

Free bricks don't seem to show up as often on Craigslist in the South
Sound. Maybe that's just a bias I've developed over the past few
months. Nonetheless, I did recently find a large pile of bricks
(around 900 bricks) that I actually paid money for (about 10 cents a
brick). These 1920s era beauties will be great as a path, a patio, or
as the skirt for the porches we're going to build eventually. Bricks
-- collect them! You never know when you'll need them.

This is the first load. We we're almost done with unloading them. I
always sucker a friend or two into helping.

Here is a partial pile. By the time we got all the bricks moved, the pile was about 4 times this high. That'll be a good quantity of bricks to do some fun projects. Best of all, we're reusing material that would otherwise end up in a landfill.

And finally, the almost finished pile.


No comments: