Sunday, February 24, 2008

Changing fence plans

Came across this fence design in a landscape book, and it solves the dilemma of trying to get vines to grow up to the upper trellis supports. Do you see how there is a bit of trellis between the two fence sections? I think that is what I'm going to do. This will give vines a chance to grow up to the upper support.


If you look carefully, you'll notice a bit of trellis between the two fence panels. I built a bit of trellis this morning as a prototype with the leftover sections of fence board that remain after I cut the two narrow slots for the fence panels.

I figure this is a good way to put next to 100% of the wood to use without having a lot of waste from the project. I'm not sure how I feel about the trellis section that I built. Part of me thinks the lattice boards should be a greater width.

No comments: